Tired of Your Old Meeting Time? Here’s How to Propose a New One in Google Calendar
There’s no doubt that scheduling meetings and appointments in Google Calendar makes life easier than keeping track of all your obligations in a paper planner or spreadsheet, but did you know that you can change the time of an appointment or meeting with just one click? That’s right! If you’re tired of your old meeting time and want to propose a new one, you don’t have to reschedule it—you can simply adjust the time right from within the Google Calendar app. Here’s how!
Click the Settings gear icon
- In the top right corner of your screen, click the Settings gear icon.
- In the menu that appears, click Settings.
- In the settings menu, scroll down to the Meeting Settings section and click Edit.
- In the Meeting Settings menu, scroll down to the When proposing new meeting times section and select Everyone Gets a Vote.
- Now, when you create a new event or proposal, everyone invited will be able to vote on their preferred meeting time.
- If there’s no consensus, you can always choose the time that works best for you and manually update the event.
Select Calendar settings
If you’re using Google Calendar to schedule your meetings, you’re in luck. proposing a new meeting time is easy peasy. Just follow these steps:
- open up the Calendar app and find the event you want to propose a new time for
- click on the event and select Edit
- under When, click on the date and time for the event
- click on Suggest new time and enter the proposed date and time. Click on Done! You can then see that there are two options available: Yes, add this or No, don’t add this. The first one will take effect automatically while the second one won’t be added until approved by everyone who is invited to the event (as long as they have their email notifications turned on).
The select Time zone from the menu
Open Google Calendar and click on the event you want to change. Click Edit Event. In the When section, click the text next to the date and time (for example, Aug 19, 8:00 PM – 9:00 PM). Select Time zone from the menu. Choose your new time zone from the list. Click Done. If there are attendees, use the drop-down menu to choose a different time for them. If this is not the organizer’s calendar, they will need to approve your proposed changes before they take effect. To do so, select Send Update Request at the bottom of the screen and click Confirm & Publish.
Change your default time zone
To change your default time zone in Google Calendar , go to Settings > General > Date and time settings. Next, click the drop-down menu next to Default calendar and select the time zone you want. You can also set up an alarm or reminder for a meeting by clicking on the alarm clock icon next to any event. When you’re done setting up all of your alarms, just hit Save at the bottom of the page.
Add a calendar alert
If you’re using Google Calendar to schedule your meetings, you may have noticed that there isn’t an option to suggest a new meeting time if the original time doesn’t work for you. Luckily, there’s a workaround. Here’s how it works Create an event with the proposed time and title. Add Reminder as a category and set the reminder to 5 minutes before the proposed meeting time so that everyone has enough time to check their calendars and respond. When people start responding with their availability, add them as attendees (with or without being able to see who they are) so they can quickly see which times work best for others. Once someone agrees on a date and time, remove all other options from the list and mark it as Finalized. And voila! You now have a new meeting scheduled.
Set your calendar settings
If you’re using Google Calendar to schedule your meetings, you’re in luck. Changing your meeting time is easy to do and only takes a few steps. First, open up your calendar settings by clicking on the gear icon in the top right corner. Then, click on Edit Profile. From there, scroll down to the Availability section and select the days and times that you’re available for meetings. Once you’ve made your changes, click Save.
Edit your event
Open up the event in your calendar that you want to change. Click on the pencil icon in the top right-hand corner to edit the event. In the window that pops up, click on the Change link next to Time. Select the new day and time that you want from the drop-down menus. Click on the Save button at the bottom of the window.