Any business that doesn’t take advantage of the digital age, and instead sticks to traditional ways of doing things, can put itself at a huge disadvantage to its competitors. A digital transformation strategy allows you to see where your business currently stands, and then determine exactly how you need to change in order to stay competitive. While it might sound like hard work, there are many different benefits of developing a digital transformation strategy that make it worth it in the long run. Here are five of them.
Create Better Customer Experiences
- Ensure your organization is in tune with customers’ expectations and demands by meeting them where they are. Creating an engaging customer experience on any device or channel will help your brand stand out among the competition.
- Provide an on-demand product or service for instant gratification – more than 80% of consumers live in information overload, and you need to win the attention battle for them to buy from you.
- Make sure that employees are well equipped to meet this demand as well, so ensure that all stakeholders have up-to-date skills in technology.
- Have the right resources available at all times – this includes digital marketing and content strategies that create a compelling call to action for both prospects and current customers alike.
- Keep up with trends like artificial intelligence (AI) which not only helps increase efficiency but also gives businesses new insights into what their customers want.
It’s important to be able to measure the performance of your digital transformation strategy and your marketing channels, so you can make adjustments along the way. To do this, the basic metrics are user acquisition, customer acquisition, referral rates and engagement. Use these metrics to determine what types of posts or campaigns generate more customers or users. You may find that social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram work better for customer acquisition while LinkedIn may work better for building new business relationships.
Align Operations and Goals
A digital transformation strategy should combine goals and operations by mapping out what needs to be done in order to support your long-term goals. It may seem daunting at first, but there are plenty of resources out there to help get you started. With the right information and support, your business can make the change from old world to new world sooner than you think.
Improve Brand Perception
If your company is considering creating a digital transformation strategy, this is the perfect time to do it. Research from many sources points to the fact that brands who embrace technology and make an effort to use social media in their campaigns, are more trusted by consumers than those who don’t. What’s more, these are businesses which are able to show off their individuality and creativity without having to rely on external forces like physical billboards or advertising space in local papers.
Create Revenue Opportunities
Nowadays, companies have to think about revenue opportunities outside of their usual business. You can’t go wrong with technology and creativity. If you’re willing to put in the work, this could be your greatest innovation yet. Use these revenue opportunities as inspiration:
- Make an API (Application Programming Interface)
- Build the website into more than just an eCommerce platform
- Sell advertising space on the site and use ads to generate income.